Storage and Handling
Store at 2-8° C. Do Not Freeze
See C of A or lot specific datasheets
AlphaGrow™ SF Hybridoma is the industries’ premier serum free cell culture media for the growth of hybridoma cells and production of monoclonal antibodies in serum free cultures without forfeiting cell viability or antibody expression. AlphaGrow™ has been designed using the minimum amount of defined animal origin free recombinant proteins to make the use of fetal calf serum obsolete. The cost benefit analysis for the use of AlphaGrow™ make it the most efficient cell culture media available for the culture of hybridoma cells and production of antibodies.
• Provides the opportunity to eliminate the lot to lot variability and potential introduction of adventitious agents to cultures through the use of fetal calf serum
• Stabilizes the cost of cell culture media due to the continued increase in costs for fetal calf serum
• Increases antibody production over classical media supplemented with fetal calf serum
• Improves technical difficulties and provides consistency with downstream purification do to use of media with a defined amount of animal origin free recombinant proteins vs fetal calf serum
• Avoids regulatory and controversial ethics associated with fetal calf serum collection worldwide
(+) No Animal Derived Components
(+) Phenol Red pH Indicator
(+) Contains Penn/Strep Antibiotic
Directions for Use
AlphaGrow™ SF Hybridoma is supplied as three components - one dry (powdered) and two liquid. We recommend reconstituting the entire contents of each kit.
1. Fill suitably sized mixing vessel with cell culture grade dH2O to 80% of the final volume. Example - for a 20L final volume, fill mixing vessel with 16L cell culture grade dH2O.
2. With vigorous mixing, slowly add the entire contents of each component (three total) to the mixing vessel. Components can be added in any order.
3. Allow to mix for a minimum of 30 minutes. After 30 minutes of mixing, check that all ingredients are in solution. If all ingredients are in solution, continue to step 4. If any ingredients are not in solution, continue mixing until all ingredients are in solution.
4. Bring to final volume (20L) with cell culture grade dH2O.
5. Measure and adjust the pH of the reconstituted AlphaGrow™ SF Hybridoma to 7.1 - 7.2. To lower pH, use a 1.0N HCl solution. To raise pH, use a 1.0N NaOH solution.
6. Sterilize the hydrated media using a 0.2 µm sterilizing filter. Filter into appropriately sized sterile bioprocess bag or sterile media bottles.
Note: It is typical for Component 3 to have a cloudy appearance. This will not affect the performance of the component.
Products are for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.