BALB/c mouse B lymphoma line 2PK-3
≥ 5.0 mg/ml
<1.0 EU/µg as determined by the LAL method
≥95% monomer by analytical SEC
>95% by SDS Page
This monoclonal antibody is aseptically packaged and formulated in 0.01 M phosphate buffered saline (150 mM NaCl) PBS pH 7.2 - 7.4 with no carrier protein, potassium, calcium or preservatives added. Due to inherent biochemical properties of antibodies, certain products may be prone to precipitation over time. Precipitation may be removed by aseptic centrifugation and/or filtration.
Functional grade preclinical antibodies are manufactured in an animal free facility using only In vitro protein free cell culture techniques and are purified by a multi-step process including the use of protein A or G to assure extremely low levels of endotoxins, leachable protein A or aggregates.
Storage and Handling
Functional grade preclinical antibodies may be stored sterile as received at 2-8°C for up to one month. For longer term storage, aseptically aliquot in working volumes without diluting and store at -80°C. Avoid Repeated Freeze Thaw Cycles.
Country of Origin
Next Day 2-8°C
Other Applications Reported In Literature ?
Each investigator should determine their own optimal working dilution for specific applications. See directions on lot specific datasheets, as information may periodically change.
TKS-1 activity is directed against 4-1BBL (CD137L).
4-1BBL is expressed by activated B cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells.
4-1BBL (CD137L) and 4-1BB (CD137) are a receptor ligand pair belonging to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor/TNF superfamily1,2. 4-1BBL is a type II transmembrane protein expressed by splenic B and T cells, macrophages, and dendritic cells1-5. Members of the TNF-TNF receptor superfamily play critical roles in regulating cellular activation, differentiation, and apoptosis6 and the 4-1BBL-4-1BB interaction is important in cellular immune responses5. 4-1BBL-4-1BB interaction provides a co-stimulatory signal to T cells, resulting in increased proliferation and cytokine production5.
A TKS-1-producing hybridoma was generated by immunizing a SD rat with 4-1BBL-transfected NRK cells (rat IgG2a,κ)5. Splenocytes were fused with P3U1 cells and hypoxanthine–aminopterin–thymidine selection was performed. The monoclonal antibody was identified by its strong reactivity with 4-1BBL-transfected L5178Y cells, cloned by limiting diffusion, purified from ascites, and found to bind to 4-1BBL/NRK and 4-1BBL/P815 cells5.
Pre-incubation with TKS-1 blocks 4-1BB–Ig binding to 4-1BBL/L5178Y cells, indicating TKS-1 is specific to mouse 4-1BBL and can interrupt the interaction between 4-1BBL and 4-1BB5. Additionally, TKS-1 can block anti-CD3-stimulated T cell proliferation co-stimulated by 4-1BBL /P815 cells. The monoclonal antibodies 19H3 and TKS-1 bind to different sites on murine 4-1BBL, with TKS-1 binding to a site that overlaps with the receptor binding site7. Additionally, TKS-1 and 4-1BB bind to a similar site, making TKS-1 especially useful for blocking studies.
References & Citations
1. Goodwin RG, Din WS, Davis-Smith T, et al. Eur. J. Immunol. 23:2631-2641. 1993.
2. Alderson MR, Smith CA, Tough TW, et al. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2219-2227. 1994.
3. Pollok KE, Kim YJ, Hurtado J, et al. Eur J Immunol. 24(2):367-374. 1994.
4. DeBenedette MA, Shahinian A, Mak TW, et al. J. Immunol. 158:551-559. 1997.
5. Futagawa T, Akiba H, Kodama T, et al. Int Immunol. 14(3):275-286. 2002.
6. Smith CA, Farrah T, Goodwin RG. Cell 76:959-962. 1994.
7. Mbanwi AN, Lin GHY, Wang KC, et al. J Immunol Methods. 450:81-89. 2017.
8. Zheng G, Wang B, Chen A. J Immunol. 173(4):2428-2434. 2004.
9. Madireddi S, Eun SY, Lee SW, et al. J Exp Med. 211(7):1433-1448. 2014.
10. Shrestha S, Noh JM, Kim SY, et al. Oncoimmunology. 5(1):e1067744. 2015.
11. Kang SW, Lee SC, Park SH, et al. Cancer Res. 77(21):5989-6000. 2017.
Products are for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.