Human tonsil cell membrane
This R-phycoerythrin (R-PE) conjugate is formulated in 0.01 M phosphate buffered saline (150 mM NaCl) PBS pH 7.4, 1% BSA and 0.09% sodium azide as a preservative.
Storage and Handling
This R-phycoerythrin (R-PE) conjugate is stable when stored at 2-8°C. Do not freeze.
Country of Origin
Next Day 2-8°C
Blue Laser (488 nm) and/or Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
Applications and Recommended Usage?
Quality Tested by Leinco
FC The suggested concentration for this HLA-A,B,C Clone W6/32 antibody for staining cells in flow cytometry is 5.0 μg per 106 cells in a volume of 100 μl or 100μl of whole blood. Titration of the reagent is recommended for optimal performance for each application.
Each investigator should determine their own optimal working dilution for specific applications. See directions on lot specific datasheets, as information may periodically change.
Clone W6/32 recognizes the human MHC class I molecules HLA-A, -B, and -C.
HLA-A, -B, and -C are ubiquitously expressed on nucleated cells.
HLA antibody, clone W6/32, recognizes the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I molecules human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-A, HLA-B, and HLA-C. MHC class I is ubiquitously expressed on the cell surface of nucleated cells and consists of a 45-kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein (α-chain or heavy chain) and a 12-kDa soluble protein (β2-microglobulin, β2M)1,2. The α-chain consists of three domains (α1, α2, and α3)3. α1 and α2 form the closed antigen-binding groove and bind to 8-10 aa peptides derived from cytosolic antigens4-6. β2M noncovalently associates with α3, which is essential for MHC stability. MHC class I plays a critical role in the adaptive immune response by presenting endogenous antigens to cytotoxic CD8 T cells. MHC class I molecules can also present exogenous antigens to CD8 T cells via a process known as cross-presentation7. The T cell receptor (TCR)/CD3 complex of CD8 T cells interacts with peptide-MHC class I, which induces CD8 T cell activation and subsequent cell-killing. CD8 molecules also bind to MHC class I, which helps augment TCR signaling8. In contrast to CD8 T cells, MHC class I is an inhibitory ligand for natural killer (NK) cells, promoting self tolerance9. MHC class I also contributes to the positive selection of CD8 T cells and NK cell specificity10,11.
NCBI Gene Bank ID
References & Citations
1. Mitaksov V & Fremont DH. (2006) J Biol Chem. 281(15):10618-25
2. Wieczorek M, et al. (2017) Front Immunol. 8:292
3. Jones EY. (1997) Curr Opin Immunol. 9(1):75-9
4. Matsumura M, et al. (1992) Science. 257:927–34.10.1126/science.1323878
5. Bouvier M & Wiley DC. (1994) Science. 265:398–402.10.1126/science.8023162
6. Zacharias M & Springer S. (2004) Biophys J. 87:2203–14.10.1529/biophysj.104.044743
7. Cruz FM, et al (2017) Annu Rev Immunol. 35:149-176
8. Artyomov MN, et al (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107(39):16916-16921
9. Orr MT & Lanier LL. (2010) Cell. 142(6):847-856
10. Raulet DH. (1994) Adv Immunol. 55:381-421
11. Salcedo M & Ljunggren HG. (1996) Chem Immunol. 64:44-58
Products are for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.